Did you know that a cubicle monitor hanger will open up valuable real estate in your cube? This article will present you with the solution I came up with for my small office, a Kensington Flat Panel Cubicle Monitor Mount. It will also contain before and after images in my own cubicle so that you can visualize it in your own.
I’ve been on a kick lately with my office cubicle to open up as much space as possible on my desktop. To me, a cluttered desktop is completely demotivating. If I walk into my office cubicle in the morning and see a pile of papers and file folders on my desk, I just want to turn around and head for home.
I recently came across a monitor cubicle hanger or computer monitor wall mount that has allowed me to open up some space on my desktop and also allows me to easily clean under the monitor which is a weekly cubicle maintenance task for me.
A Cubicle Monitor Hanger Will Free up Your Desk Space
I’ve owned this Kensington flat panel monitor cubicle hanger for a couple of weeks and I wish I bought it sooner. But, to be totally honest, I didn’t even know that they existed until I saw one in an office product magazine. Hangers in cubicles can take many forms including coat hooks and plant hangers but this was the first cubicle monitor hanger I had seen.
Utilizing the walls of my cubicle has really opened up a lot of real estate on my desktop and I wish I had thought of it a lot sooner.
Innovative cubicle shelves can also help you utilize your limited real estate and will also utilize your fabric walls as a place for cubicle storage. Check out my before and after pictures below. I think you will see the difference the LCD monitor wall mount has made in my office.
Monitor Cubicle Hanger – Images in my Cubicle (Before and After)
My Computer Wall Monitor Mount – Initial Impressions
Does it make sense to hang a computer monitor on wall? I would say a resounding Yes! And when you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. It was extremely easy to set up the cubicle hanging monitor mount and I got some immediate positive comments from my coworkers. They loved it and so did I!
The best part of the monitor wall hanger was that now I had my whole desktop opened up to put anything I want. I ended up placing a box of tissues under it and some other small office accessories. You’ve got to maximize the limited space that’s in your small office and this cubicle wall mount certainly does that for me.
5 Benefits of a Cubicle Monitor Mount
- Frees up desk space – one of the benefits of using a monitor cubicle hanger is that it frees up much -needed desk space. This can be especially helpful in small offices or shared work spaces where desks are at a premium. With less desk space being used for monitors, you’ll have more room to work on your projects.
- Eliminates clutter – a computer monitor wall mount will help eliminate clutter on your desktop thereby allowing you to organize desktop items more efficiently.
- Improves your posture – another benefit of using a monitor cubicle hanger is that it can help to improve your posture. When you have a monitor on your desk on a stand, it’s easy to slouch over and crane your neck in order to see the screen. By using a cubicle wall mount, you can position the monitor at eye level, which will help to keep your back and neck aligned. This will allow you to ergonomically optimize the height of your computer monitor which should promote health and wellness in the office.
- Organizes your workspace – a monitor cubicle hanger can help to create a more organized work space. With all of your cables and cords neatly tucked away along the cubicle wall and beneath your desk, you’ll have a neater desk and less of a mess.
- Classes up your cubicle – not only does a cubicle wall monitor mount provide all of the benefits listed above, it adds a level of sophistication and class to your office. You will receive a lot of comments from your coworkers
- Adjustable to secure to any cubicle wall thickness.
- Easy to assemble with no drilling required (screwdriver enclosed).
- Supports computer monitors up to 20 lbs with 8 adjustable height levels.
- Can hang computer monitor on wall for corner office display. Tilts 90 degrees.
- Computer wall monitor mount allows you more desk space since monitor is suspended above desktop.
- Allows you to easily clean your desktop below the monitor.
If you are interested in making your office cubicle the talk of the company, you too can order a Kensington flat panel monitor cubicle hanger. You certainly won’t regret the decision. There are also many flat panel monitor computer accessories you can acquire to go with your monitor mount for cubicle.
If you’d like any more information about this computer monitor wall mount please use my Contact Me page or just leave a question in the comments.
Bob has been blogging for over 20 years and has been an office and cubicle dweller for more than 35 years. He has been featured in numerous online publications such as US News and World Report, Bustle, and Work Awesome (you can read his articles here). He created the popular office website CubicleBliss in January 2011 and rebranded it as WorkspaceBliss in April 2020.
In the office he’s been an IT Manager, Applications Engineer, Systems Analyst, Software Project leader, and Programmer Analyst in his long career. He’s a Certified Microsoft Professional and possesses a Masters of Science degree and two Bachelor of Science degrees, one of those in Informational Technology.
During his career he has worked in the office full-time, as a hybrid remote worker, and has worked from home permanently.