My biggest beef when it comes to working in a cubicle is that it’s like working in a fishbowl. Cubicle privacy is simply non-existent. There is no sliding cubicle door, no walls that go up to the ceiling, and basically no privacy whatsoever.
If you have to make a personal phone call, you probably have to find an empty conference room or step outside unless you want your neighbors to know your personal business.
This is simply the way it goes when you work in the walls of a small cubicle. I find my cubicle a cozy closed office space but adding a Quartet Workstation Privacy Screen would certainly make a huge difference when it comes to my privacy.
What if you need to set up a conference call with a coworker or a customer? Without a door for cubicle privacy you really have to be aware of how loudly you are speaking. My main complaint about working in a cubicle is that there isn’t a door and your office space is in clear view to the rest of the company. This, at times, makes it difficult for me to focus on the tasks upon which I need to be work.
Well, I recently came across the Quartet Premium Cubicle Privacy Screen online and maybe there is such a thing as privacy within a cubicle. Let me tell you straight out that I do not own a sliding cubicle door so I cannot write from first-hand experience.
I am looking into these cubicle doors for my own cubicle. I find the product intriguing since it would give me the ability to shut it and gain some much-needed privacy when I need to focus. As a software developer, there are many times when I want to shut out everyone else to get my work done and this item may allow me to do just that.
Cubicle Privacy Screen – Images
A cubicle door really makes the environment inside a cubicle much more private and more conducive to productivity. A cubicle privacy screen can offer an easy way for workers inside a cubicle to maintain their privacy while still allowing access to that space. People can still come in and ask questions or obtain needed information from the occupant of the cubicle. Cubicle doors are certainly unique office accessories.
Door for Cubicle Reviews
Personal Correspondence with one of the Reviewers
The following review comes from Suman Reddy on Amazon:
“Bought this for work, fits perfectly. I have gotten a lot of compliments and its been a real help for me to focus at work. Excellent purchase.”
After I read this review I inquired for more info from Suman and I got this response from her:
Suman Reddy says:
hi Bob, Sorry for the late response.
1. So depending on how wide your cube entry one screen might not go all the way. My entry is about 3 feet wide and I have about a foot of open space after i pull the door closed. It covers most of the opening but not all.
2. The name plate is attaches to the top of the screen. The picture doesn’t show it but it will slide along the metal fastener that hooks to your cube.
3. I actually didn’t notice a dry eraser on my item.
4. I am extremely happy with it still. It has been a god send for me at work
5. Unfortunately I am unable to send images due to my work environment. Camera phones aren’t allowed where I work. My apologies.
Sliding Cubicle Door Features
- Comes in two different sizes 36 x 48 Inches, Sliding, Partial Length (WPS1000) and 64″ x 38″, Cubicle, Office, Aluminum Frame (WPS2000)
- Partial-length lightweight workstation privacy screen transforms cubicles into an interruption-free work zone; shatterproof, polycarbonate material is ideal for any office
- These cubicle doors clamp to the outside of the cubicle partition wall, and slides and open and closed to create greater privacy within the cubicle
- Fits cubicle heights 50″ minimum to 72″ maximum; minimum partition thickness is 1-1/4″, with 3-1/4″ maximum; includes attachable whiteboard with built-in marker tray and nameplate
- Item Weight: 16 pounds
- WPS1000 Dimensions – 2.25 x 52.25 x 36.75 inches
- WPS2000 Dimensions: 38 x 15 x 65 inches
- Color: Silver
- Ultra-lightweight translucent plastic screen
- Brushed Silver aluminum frame
- Includes a nameplate and a dry-erase message board
- Install on cubicle panels measuring 1-1/4″ to 3-1/4″ thick
Cubicle Privacy Just Might be a Reality!
This door for cubicle privacy certainly is interesting for those of us who live in the middle of Cubicle Nation. I think that the opportunity that this cubicle door provides for us cubicle dwellers is one that is long overdue. Maybe the privacy that we’ve all always wanted might just have become a reality with these innovative cubicle doors and it’s certainly long overdue!