Are you looking for a corner shelf for desk storage unit that will work in your cubicle or your office? Well, this article will detail a really cool desktop corner shelf unit organizer that actually works on its side and on its end!
The Safco Corner Desk Organizer is a Dual Threat!
I am always on the lookout for cool cubicle accessories or office inspiration within my office space at work. I came across this corner shelf for desk made by Safco called a Mesh 2-Way Corner Shelf Unit.
I have never seen a corner shelf desk organizer that could be used on its end as a corner shelf for desktop and on its side as a desk organizer. This very unique desk shelf unit is about as versatile as they come.
I actually have used it in both configurations, as seen in the images below, but I settled on the corner unit position since it fits perfectly in the corner of my cubicle on top of my desk. It also is not too tall which allows me to place it on my desktop below my cubicle shelving unit.
The following pictures show the unit empty and loaded up with my office items in both configurations. The great part is, if you want to switch it up, you certainly have that option. It is one of those cool office supplies that I am always on the lookout for.
Corner Shelf for Desk Storage in my Cubicle
You can stand this corner desk shelf unit on its end.
If you would like to use it on its end it will give you a little more height with shelving for small accessories and spots on each side for your texbooks or manuals. I’ve actually used it in both configurations just to switch it up every now and then.
You can stand this corner shelf organizer on its side as well.
If you ever want to switch up this corner desk organizer you have that option as well. It just gives you options with the same desk add on shelf.
Desktop Corner Shelves can Utilize Often-Wasted Desktop Space
On an office desktop, it is imperative to make the most of the limited real estate available to you. Desktop corner shelves do just that as you are taking advantage of space that is typically never utilized.
Benefits of a Corner Shelf Desk Organizer
- It maximizes desk space. A desktop corner shelf organizer takes up very little space on your desk, making the most of the limited real estate.
- It keeps everything within reach. All of your important belongings are within easy reach when you have a corner shelf desk organizer. This makes it easy to stay organized and find what you need quickly.
- It’s versatile. A corner shelf desk organizer can be used to store a variety of items, from pens and paper to office supplies and textbooks.
- This one in particular allows you to use it in 2 different configurations making it extremely versatile depending upon the setup of your desktop.
- It’s easy to use. This desk add on shelf unit requires no assembly and is ready to go right out of the box. You can put it in any corner of your desk and start using it right away.
2-Way Corner Shelf for Desk Storage Features
- Small footprint – Product Dimensions: 11 x 15 x 13 inches
- Can be positioned on its end as a corner shelf unit and on its side as a desk organizer
- No assembly required
- Manufactured with durable, thick, commercial-grade steel, it’s designed to last for years of heavy, repetitive commercial use.
- Durable, powder coat finish helps resist chipping or scratching while the steel mesh design promotes air flow to reduce dust buildup.
- Onyx mesh corner organizer fits perfectly in the most underused area of your desk which is the corner. Four center shelves hold sticky notes, staplers, and many other office accessories while the two outer sections keep books, folders, and notebooks within easy reach. This add on shelf for desk is a unique and versatile accessory.
- Unique design works great on desks, in personal workspaces, cubicles, corporate mailrooms, dorm rooms, home offices, and kitchen counters or any place that could benefit from classy, stylish, space-saving organization.
If you want to add a little bit of versatility to your office or cubicle, this handy 2-way desktop corner shelf for desk storage is well worth the money. Unique cubicle shelves can truly make a difference in your office.
It looks great in my cubicle and does the job of organizing my go-to office items. It’s just a really cool desk storage accessory.
You really can’t go wrong with this out-of-the-box corner shelving unit or corner shelf desk organizer. It will help clear up your office desktop and looks great too.
I’m happy with my desk corner shelf and I know you will feel the same! Since I wrote this article I purchased a hanging corner shelf unit which attaches to my cubicle wall and fits perfectly up and out of the way and in the corner of my office cubicle.
Frequently Asked Questions about Corner Desk Organizer
What should be included in a desk organizer?
Anything that you keep in a desk organizer are items that you use on a regular basis. A brief list can be seen below.
- Stapler with an extra box of staples
- Pens and pencils
- Dry erase markers
- Black and Red Sharpies
- Paper clips
- Binder clips
- Push pins
- Post-it Notes and Post-it Flags
- Scotch tape dispenser
- Letter opener
What should I look for in a desk organizer?
Well, it certainly depends on how much office space you have available to you. If you are cramped for space, you would want to find an organizer that has a small footprint but can also hold a sufficient amount of supplies that you need to work daily.
Small items such as pens, pencils, markers, Post-it Notes, Post-it Flags, paper clips, and binder clips are some of the basic office supplies that you should be able to store in a proper desk organizer.
What is a desk organizer?
A desk organizer is simply a storage accessory typically made of wood or metal into which you can store small desk items that you utilize regularly throughout the work day. Some desk organizers are built into other office accessories such as a monitor stand with drawers.
Due to limited space on an office desktop, there is a benefit to utilizing an office accessory that can perform multiple functions. Utilizing a corner desk organizer is a great way to utilize corner office space that typically would be wasted.
Bob has been blogging for over 20 years and has been an office and cubicle dweller for more than 35 years. He has been featured in numerous online publications such as US News and World Report, Bustle, and Work Awesome (you can read his articles here). He created the popular office website CubicleBliss in January 2011 and rebranded it as WorkspaceBliss in April 2020.
In the office he’s been an IT Manager, Applications Engineer, Systems Analyst, Software Project leader, and Programmer Analyst in his long career. He’s a Certified Microsoft Professional and possesses a Masters of Science degree and two Bachelor of Science degrees, one of those in Informational Technology.
During his career he has worked in the office full-time, as a hybrid remote worker, and has worked from home permanently.