Anticipation of a future event or goal can be a fun exercise! I’m a long way from retirement but if I were closer I would certainly consider a retirement countdown timer. Recently I noticed this AIMILAR Digital Retirement Countdown Timer 999 Days Count Down Timer on a coworker’s desk.
He told me he was thinking of retirement in a couple of years and wanted to keep the number of days from his future retirement in front of him so that he could stay focused on that goal. A countdown timer not only can be used to countdown to retirement, you could also use it to count down to an upcoming vacation, your wedding day, or some other future event. Luckily there are many different versions of this particular countdown timer that you can see below. Click on any image for a larger view. Click on Click for more info if you want the cost and more details.
I do love the idea of having a visible countdown to a particular event. It could be very heartening just to be reminded of something that I am looking forward to. I had another co-worker who would use a sticky note and change it each day on her computer monitor decrementing by 1 each time. It had a meaning to her and no one else needed to know what it was all about.
Technical details and features of the Retirement Countdown Timer
- Color – Black frame, image (various)
- Brand – AIMILAR
- Material – Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
- Dimensions – 4.41 x 0.51 x 1.85 inches
- Weight – 1.92 Ounces
- Countdown Timer with Alarm. (You can also tear off the sticker easily if no need in future.)
- LONG FIXED TIME: up to 999 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds. It will alarm for sixty seconds when arriving at your setting number.
- UNIQUE DESIGN: With clear and readable information on the screen. Ultra thin and tiny,very convenient to take and versatile.
- EASY TO SET: Hold the set button until you see a number start flashing. Push the set button until you get to the number you want to change. Press up or down to adjust that particular number. Keep hitting set until the screen stops flashing.Press the“UP”button to start/pause the counting down. And, you are done.
- Fun gift!
Images of the Retirement Countdown Timer
So, if you have an upcoming event that you want to anticipate as it gets closer and closer, a countdown timer might be an awesome desktop accessory for you or as a great gift for a coworker or a loved one. Even if your retirement is a few years away or that wedding date is a full year away, a countdown timer just might keep you focused on your goal!